Fri, May 17|
Location is TBD
Countering The Mass Shooter Threat
This 4 hour class will break down strategies to counter a mass shooter threat in your place of work, school, or house of worship. It is a classroom event and no live fire training will be taught during the event.
Time & Location
May 17, 2024, 5:30 PM – 9:30 PM
Location is TBD
About the event
In today's world, the unfortunate reality is that individuals and organizations may face the threat of an active shooter incident. This course, "Countering The Mass Shooter Threat," is designed to equip participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively respond to and counter a mass shooter situation.
- Understanding the Threat Landscape:Explore the historical context and contemporary factors contributing to mass shootings. Analyze the psychology and motivations of individuals who engage in such acts.
- Prevention and Preparedness:Learn strategies for identifying warning signs and potential threats before they escalate. Develop and implement effective emergency response plans for individuals and organizations.
- Crisis Communication:Explore communication strategies during an active threat situation. Practice effective communication to minimize panic and enhance coordination among individuals.
- Active Threat Response Strategies:Study proven tactics for surviving and countering an active shooter incident. Participate in scenario-based simulations to enhance decision-making under stress.
- First Aid and Trauma Care:Acquire basic first aid and trauma care skills to provide immediate assistance to those injured during an incident. Understand the importance of Stop the Bleed training and its application in an emergency.
- Law Enforcement and Emergency Services Coordination:Examine the role of law enforcement and emergency services in managing and neutralizing active threats. Foster collaboration and communication between civilians and first responders.
- Legal and Ethical Considerations:Gain an understanding of the legal and ethical implications of self-defense and defense of others. Explore the concept of proportional force and its application in crisis situations.
- Psychological Resilience and Post-Incident Support:Develop strategies for coping with the psychological impact of an active threat incident. Identify resources and support systems available for individuals and communities affected by such events.
This course employs a combination of lectures, interactive discussions, practical simulations, and hands-on training to ensure participants are well-prepared to navigate and respond effectively to an active threat situation. Emphasis will be placed on developing a comprehensive and proactive approach to crisis management.
This course is suitable for individuals across various sectors, including but not limited to, education, healthcare, corporate environments, public spaces, and houses of worship. It is particularly relevant for security personnel, emergency responders, and anyone interested in enhancing their ability to protect themselves and others during an active threat incident.
- Ticket type
Countering The Mass ShooterPrice$50.00
+$1.25 service fee+$1.25 service fee